Sunday, March 16, 2008

Twas the Night Before Chemo…

…And I’m terrified! Feeling very tired and very much dreading that IV injection tomorrow. Partly because I only have one good vein, and still have bruises from needle sticks in 3 veins from Thursday’s heart scan. I really, really hate needles. Luckily it was a busy weekend so kept my mind off the chemo most of the time. I took some “before” photos while I still have my hair, as I’m planning to cut it short very soon, retaining as much as possible for Locks for Love, and then will do a Britney and shave it when it starts falling out. We went to a birthday party with all the kids, library, science museum, and picked up my mom from the airport. She began helping out the minute she walked in the door. Fabulous! I’m so happy she’s here and will be with me at the hospital tomorrow. Meanwhile I’m prepping for the chemo drugs by drinking loads of water to benefit my kidneys, and doing saltwater rinses to prevent mouth sores. Colin helped me prep too – although he doesn’t believe in the airy-fairy alternative medicines he thought we should give crystal healing a try and surprised me with a pair of diamond earrings on my pillow when I woke up. What a great husband.

2 comments:

JOnell said...

Hey Lady,
Thought of you throughout the day today. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.

Yes, I've heard that diamonds have amazing healing properties. ;) Wear them and shine, sister.

Btw - I think you should get a mohawk first. ;) No question, you'd wear it better than Mr. T ("Pity the fooh" - slient "l").

btw - I snapped a funny picture of Will today. Thought I might include that link here, but then again, maybe I shouldn't post that URL - he *is* responsible for my reviews. I'll have to send that to you separately. ;)

hearts2u.
Jonell.

Anonymous said...

I too will begin my journey down the road to recovery tomorrow I will be getting my first Chemo treatment! I am Terrified yet anxious to meet this EVIL monster that has invaded my body, upset so many family and friends It turned my life upside down with the blink of an eye!! I was Diagnosed on August 4th ( my birthday) With Stage 4 Inflammatory Breast Cancer Some Birthday present that is!! Wishing you lots of luck on your road to recovery! STAY STRONG!!!